Monday 14 May 2018

The fear starts........

here!




Having fixed my PC I'm now back in action. My first priority is the project related to the map above.

This time last year I worked as developer on Operation Icarus, the Tiny Battles game of the potential German invasion of Iceland during WW2. I found that a very difficult introduction to the world of real wargames. The game was very complicated and much work was needed to make it playable by people other than the designer. As publication approached I became extremely worried that, despite all of the tweaking and re-writing, the game would flounder. All it needs is some smart people to point out some obvious but overlooked faults for a game to crash and burn. Luckily that didn't happen and Tiny Battles shifted a good quantity of games. Phew!

This time round it is my own game on the Battle for Ramadi 2015. If anything, this is making me even more nervous. Luckily I have the support of the brilliant Mark Walker (Tiny Battles and Flying PIG Games) and Ilya Kudriashov, artist extraordinaire. The above is Ilya's first go at converting my map art to a proper map and it is looking great.

Updates will be posted on the Tiny Battles Facebook page. Fingers crossed it will be alright on the night.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Operation Icarus.

    Your new map looks superb. I have to admire the skills of the modern map makers.

    In game design (and much else quite likely) there is always the worry of public scrutiny and the 'expert' unravelling your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking map and good luck with the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, public scrutiny can be a painful thing. I hoping for the best!

    Cheers

    Jay

    ReplyDelete