Thursday 14 November 2013

Shopping

No, not that kind of shopping

Another really tough couple of weeks at work and my energy for doing anything is pretty much shot. I have been idly thinking through what my shopping list might be for Christmas. That is, of course, the list of things I intend to buy for myself. Not that I'm selfish, I'll shop for others first but there is no way that I'm waking up on Christmas day without knowing that I have an interesting parcel to open. If in doubt, buy your own!

I'm happily compiling a little list of HTL kit. I think Napoleon at War: The 100 days followed by Gettysburg 150 (if that's out by then) or maybe the FIW expansion. As I would feel guilty spending that sort of money full stop, let alone on myself, that may be pushing it. However, I have found a list from a while ago of old Vae Victis magazines that I might like to catch-up on. So here is my list (all of which I think I can get from Vae Victis in France).

A small but interesting looking game of Bull Run (VV89).

VaeVictis 89  2009
 - ANALYSE
Fields of Fire (GMT)
 - ANALYSE : 
Bastogne (MMP)
 - ANALYSE : 
Striking the Anvil (Battles Magazine)
 - ANALYSE : 
1960 (filosofia)
 - ART DE LA GUERRE :
La bataille de Debrecen - 1944
 - SCENARIOS : 
Hongire 1944 pour ASL et EPT
 - PRESENTATION + SCENARIOS : 
Ambush Valley (Ambush Alley Games)
 - ANALYSE : 
The Kaiser's Pirates (GMT)
 - ART DE LA GUERRE : 
Les débuts de la guerre de Sécession
 - JEU EN ENCART : 
La première bataille de Bull Run 1861
 - HOBBY : 
Que devient DBA ?
 - ART DE LA GUERRE + SCENARIOS :
Les conflits du Kansas et du Missouri
 - CAMPAGNE : 
Supremus Tyrannicus-  une campagne du temps d'Arthur
 - REGLES : 
Wings of War Seconde Guerre Mondiale
 - INTERVIEW : 
Lance Cawkwell, le major galopant
















Four battles from the ninth century using the "A la charge" rules (VV100).

VaeVictis 100 September 2011

A point to point on the interesting subject of Suez 1956 (VV92).



An issue with games on Crete (Maleme), Chir River (Stalingrad), Borkowo (1806) and Neville's Cross (1346)!

VaeVictis Quarterlies # 10
 - ACTUALITE
L'année 2007
 - QUE CHOISIR
Les jeux sur la Crète
 - ENCART-JEU
Malème, 20-23 mai 1941
 - SCENARIO
Neville's Cross, 17 octobre 1346
 - SCENARIOS
ASL-URSS et Algérie 1942
 - SCENARIO
EPT-Héraklion, 20 mai 1941
 - SCENARIO
EPT-Réthymnon, 20 mai 1941
 - VARIANTES+SCENARIO
Ultimus Romanorum
 - QUE CHOISIR
Les jeux sur Stalingrad
 - REPORTAGE
Visite à Volograd
 - ENCART-JEU
Le Chir, 8 décembre 1942
 - SCENARIO
Borkowo, 24 décembre 1806
 - SCENARIO
Le Vol de l'Aigle, Italie 1800

And one with games on 106 Panzer Brigade in Lorraine and Anthon (1430).

VaeVictis Quarterlies # 6
 - Conseils pratiques : 
Qu’est-ce que le wargame ?
 - Conseils pratiques : 
Un abécédaire du jeu 
 - Analyse : 
A Victory Lost, MMP
 - Analyse : 
Combat Commander, GMT 
 - Regles de jeu : 
106. Panzer Brigade
 - Scénario :
ASL, France 1940 
 - Scénario : 
EPT, France 1940 
 - Règles de jeu : 
En Pointe toujours, France 1940
 - Scénario : 
Au fil de l’épée, Anthon 1430 
 - Scénario : 
ASL, URSS 1943
 - Conseils pratiques : 
Quel jeu pour quel joueur ?
 - Analyse : 
Italia, Phalanx 
 - Que choisir : 
Trois jeux sur le Moyen Age
 - Scénario :
Lock ‘n Load, France 1940 
 - Compte-rendu : 
Friedensturm 1918, Hexasim

That's 12 games in all, just right for the twelve days of Christmas, now that's an idea!!!