Tuesday 13 June 2023

Hexes, we got hexes!

 


This is a great photo from oldSarges Wargame and Model blog. Old Sarge has done a great job creating a 3D hex grid for a 1/285 scale game of Squad leader. This is for a Pegasus bridge scenario. There are loads more pics on his blog and I recommend you take a look.

Not to be outdone (it goes without saying that Old Sarge has massively out done me!), I have got some hexes as well!



Just as an example, these are 80mm side to side. They are 2mm deep so I'm painting using undiluted acrylics which unfortunately leaves brush marks. Not a problem from three feet away but just irritating.

This will be my 3D battlescape for 2, 6 and 10mm OHW battles. Looking forward to getting this finished. Really, how long does it take to paint this stuff? The answer is far too long. I shall persevere. 

4 comments:

  1. I once looked at a single ASL board to replicate with hex terrain and basically for space limitation I could only do a half board and didn’t have enough buildings, you 80mm are looking a good fit. Battlescale do some in resin, but I don’t recall whether they are 70mm or 80mm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexed tabletop certainly suits the smaller scales, 15mm or less, very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peter, yes 15mm or even some Epic 13.5mm which are on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Norm,

    There is no way I could do an ASL board in hexes. I am planning some OHW (6" to one hex) and also have enough for a game or two of TaM!

    ReplyDelete