Monday 8 April 2013

Zvezda airforce!

Soundly in the arsing about category, yet another project








Now I can't remember why I have two IL-2s in my study. I certainly haven't been planning on building any sort of airforce for anything. However. I have built them and painted them up and I am very pleased with how they have turned out.

As I have a problem with colour blindness I always spend time trying to get a good colour match, even if I'm not always successful. For these planes I used Vallejo 924 Russian Green, GW Desert Yellow and GW Ice Blue. In researching the colours I came across some really interesting existing examples of the IL-2 on the internet. They are certainly big compared to other single seaters and dwarf the fighters that have also snuck into the study. More on these later.